â€œEven nations can be guilty of sin as nations. A generation that does not know how to put away corporate sin is a generation in trouble with itself and with God...
Â â€œEarly Americans, despite their faults, knew that God hated sin and punished it in the unrepentant, including unrepentant believers and churchesâ€¦
Â â€œThey were alert to signs of God's manifest displeasure among them. Natural calamities, which some of us treat with the shrug of a shoulder, were dutifully examinedâ€¦
Â â€œHistorically, unheeded remedial judgments have turned into final judgments. America, as a nation, is ripe for destruction. The evangelical movement in this country is characterized by an arrogance that is almost beyond belief.â€
Â (Rev. Richard Owen Roberts, in the introduction to his collection of sermons and his own article on â€œThe Solemn Assemblyâ€).
â€œHarry, how can you tie Friday's Presidential Debate (and others to come â€“ including Sarah Palin's) with judgments of God on our nation? Isn't that too extreme?â€
â€œYes, it is extreme, but God Himself is EXTREME. He has been extremely patient. But, He also HATES national sins, extremely!â€
Â â€œAlso, we are already experiencing what Roberts' book calls 'remedial' judgments (massive hurricanes, flooding, the housing disaster, and now the Wall Street crisis); A Barack Obama presidency will destroy our Judeo-Christian based culture and economy, bringing us to a near breaking point as the Lord gives us over (Ps 81:11-12; Rom 1:28f) to our own sinful desires. That's why we MUST PRAY for John McCain!â€
â€œWhat is it about Barack Obama that makes you believe he could, as President, usher in God's Judgments?â€
â€œWhere do I start? Let's begin with the following, all of which are abominations (Lev 18:26) in God's eyes:
- He wholeheartedly embraces the shedding of innocent blood [abortion] (Lev 17:14; Pr 6:17; Ps 94:21);
- He embraces homosexuality and same-sex marriages (Rom1:26-27);
- He embraces stealing by the government [high taxation] (Ex 20:15; 1 Sam 8:11-18) ;
- He encourages and uses â€œthe politics of personal destructionâ€, spreading lies, innuendos, slander, accusations, smears and using thuggish threats to destroy McCain and Palin personally, for the purpose of his personal advancement (Ps 101:5; Pr 6:17-19; 10:18);
- He is promoting racism (Pr 6:19);
- He allows himself to be portrayed as a â€œmessiahâ€ (Mt 24:24);
- His foreign policy (such as it is) coddles and embraces anti-U.S. tyrants (Pr 20:8; 25:5);
- His associates are terrorists and radicals [Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, Saul Alinsky, the media] (Pr 20:11);
- He and his associates will embark on instituting a totalitarian state, silencing free speech and dissent (Is 30:10; Amos 2:12);
- His colleagues hate Christianity and â€œfamily valuesâ€ (1 Jn 4:2);
- There are others, but the overarching abomination is the Left's (using Obama's smooth words and slick image [Jer 12:6b] to gain total control) plan to destroy our civilization and recreate it as a humanist and socialist state with themselves (the Elites) ruling every facet of our lives.
So, that's why WE MUST PRAY FOR THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE on Friday.
Â If you have been following us at the Capitol Hill Prayer Alert for awhile, you know that we have not endorsed many of Sen. McCain's policies (especially the McCain â€“ Feingold Campaign Finance Law).
Â However, John McCain is an honorable, patriotic, decent person (as is his wife) who generally embraces Christian and conservative values and policies.
Â I do not believe McCain as President and Sarah Palin as Vice President will pursue policies which will destroy our culture.
Â In fact, I personally believe Sarah Palin is a gift from a Merciful God, which tells me He has not forsaken us at this time and there is HOPE!
Â So, again, CRY OUT for Friday's debate and the Vice Presidential debate next Thursday, October 2. I am sure you don't want God's â€œremedial judgmentsâ€ on the United States to increase.
Â Also, please CRY OUT for a Great Awakening amongst the unbelievers in our midst, and Revival and a Sober Desperation in the church.
Thank you for being engaged â€“ In Jesus' Name.
Harry Valentine, CHPA Founder/Publisher
Â The Coming Economic Crisis (highly recommended)!
Why Feminists Hate Sarah Palin
In Crisis, Wall Street Turns to Prayer
Why It's Getting Mean
The Real Culprits In This Meltdown
Obama Is Stoking Racial Antagonism
It's Getting Ugly Out There
Will Democrats Ever Recover From Obama?
The Alinsky Ticket
The True Story of the Bridge to Nowhere
Obama ad lies about Obama's infanticide vote
Piling On Palin