Reflections on the
"Blow the trumpet in Zion,
declare a holy fast,
call a sacred assembly." (Joel 2:15)
My wife and I were very privileged to attend The Response ("Solemn Assembly") in Houston, Tx on Aug 6th. From my perspective it was an astounding and probably "History Changing" Spiritual event.
I believe the Lord was very pleased by what took place and, I also believe that we will see manifestations of His Pleasure in the days to come.
How? When? In what fashion? I cannot answer those questions but, He is going to Respond and Intervene in ways it is impossible to predict.
Here are some random observations:
- The more than 30,000 people who attended were just average folk;
- By and large they were all very serious about the topic which was Personal, Corporate and National REPENTANCE;
- They came from far and wide; the lines to get into the parking lots were stretched for miles; people wanted to be there; they knew our joint, Desperate need to REPENT and PRAY;
- The Presence of the Holy Spirit in the stadium was palpable; I kept looking for a Glory Cloud to appear over us;
- Many of the people were deeply touched (including yours truly); some even wept; many prostrated themselves on the floor;
- There was an apparent number of school and church groups who wore similar T-shirts and participated vigorously;
- Wisely, there was a major emphasis on Praying for The Church; obviously, The Church needs to REPENT for its indifference and apathy, and it was heartening to witness the stress on this; really, until The Church AWAKENS and REPENTS, we most likely will not experience Revival.
- Some of the other important Prayer topics were: Repentance for Sexual Immortality, ABORTION, The Family, Indifference to the First Commandment and Materialism;
- We were blessed to be addressed by some very significant leaders: Jim and Shirley Dobson, Gov. Sam Brownback (R-KS), Gov. Rick Scott (R- FL), Vonette Bright, Alveda King, Lila Rose, Tony Perkins, Mike Bickle and others; However, most of the speakers and Pray-ers were just average folk which impressed me a great deal.
- Of course, we all were very enthusiastic and blessed to hear Gov. Rick Perry (R-Tx) who brought about this event; Please watch the videos about Gov. Perry; His Spiritual depth is very obvious and we owe him a tremendous "Thank you" for having the courage and inspiration to pull this off.
So, to sum up: It's obvious that "something has happened!" A dramatic SHIFT is happening! It is our fondest expectation that this type of meeting will replicate itself throughout the nation over time in homes, churches, states, state legislatures, and even Congress and, God-willing, the White House.
God is on the move! His Remnant is awakening to the task. PRAY with all your hearts, without ceasing, that the Spirit of Repentance will grip God's People.
'The Response' Prayer Rally Bigger Than Expected CBN News
Texas Governor Rick Perry's Prayer from The Response YouTube
The Response: Praying to End Abortion YouTube
Perry Could Upend GOP Race Washington Times (Announcement in S. Carolina might affect Iowa straw poll)
Prayer Rally Draws Thousands In Houston Ny Times
Limbaugh: Obama Engineering the Decline of America Newsmax
In Jesus' Name,
Harry Valentine, Capitol Hill Prayer Alert (CHPA), Founder/Publisher