Dictatorship Order #13083 Postponed;
Barr Bill Will Stop It Permanently!
Clinton Power-Play Defies Constitution; States; All Americans
Posted July 23, 1998
The Clinton White House has postponed implementation of Executive Order #13083, entitled "Federalism."
On May 14, while visiting Birmingham, England, President Clinton signed the new order which officially revoked President Ronald Reagan's EO #12612. Reagan's "Federalism" order reaffirmed federal government's few, limited and enumerated Constitutional powers. Clinton's order not only fails to affirm the limited powers of the executive branch, it effectively revokes the 10th Amendment and arrogates to the President broad new powers tantamount to those of a totalitarian dictatorship. The Tenth Amendment reserves to the states and to the people all powers not specifically granted by the Constitution to the federal government.
- A month passed before President Clinton's unprecedented power grab began to register in the public mind. The secular media ignored the story and no reaction was heard from Congress, the governors or state legislatures. But praying Christians and conservative activists, alerted by the alternative media (the Internet, talk radio, email news and prayer alerts, etc.), raised a hue and cry and apparently prompted some action.
- Finally, on July 14th, the Washington representatives of seven major organizations representing state and local governments held a stormy meeting with the chief of White House intergovernmental relations, and drafted a letter demanding that the President withdraw the order. The Washington Post covered the story on July 16, the same day the White House announced it would wait 90 days to implement the order.
- The order, which eliminates the principles of federalism (shared power) that have guided the U.S. for more than 200 years, came on the heels of the President's announcement that he will not spend the next two years as a "lame duck" nor be beholden to a "do-nothing Congress." Rather, he pledged to issue a flurry of executive orders to further implement his agenda. Another recently-issued Clinton EO directed the rewriting of all federal regulations pertaining to race & gender discrimination to include "sexual orientation" as a covered group. Thus, Clinton has illegally usurped Congress and taken upon himself authority to dictate the law.
- EO #13083 justifies federal action (i.e., intervention) under the following circumstances: (1) When the matter to be addressed by Federal action occurs interstate as opposed to being contained within one State's boundaries. (2) When the source of the matter to be addressed occurs in a State different from the State (or States) where a significant amount of the harm occurs. (3) When there is a need for uniform national standards. (4) When decen-tral--ization increases the costs of government thus imposing additional burdens on the taxpayer. (5) When States have not adequately protected individual rights and liberties. (6) When States would be reluctant to impose necessary regulations because of fears that reg-ulated business activity will relocate to other States. (7) When placing regulatory authority at the State or local level would undermine regulatory goals because high costs or demands for specialized expertise will effectively place the regulatory matter beyond the resources of State authorities. (8) When the matter relates to Federally owned or managed property or natural resources, trust obligations, or international obligations. (9) When the matter to be regulated significantly or uniquely affects Indian tribal governments. (The above quote is verbatim from the executive order).
Rep. Bob Barr (R-GA) has introduced (in the House of Representatives) The State Sovereignty Act of 1998, in an effort "to restore the division of governmental responsibilities between the national government and the States that was intended by the Framers of the Constitution, by requiring all federal departments and agencies to comply with former Executive Order #12612 (Reagan's Federalism EO).
President Clinton's dictatorial executive order is postponed for only 90 days. If Congress, the governors, the state legislatures, local civic leaders and the American people fail to permanently reverse Bill Clinton's wicked EO #13083, a key provision of the U.S. Constitution will be undermined and there will be no checks and balances on this president.
Other Prayer Focuses
- Pray that the American people and their servants in federal, state and local govern-ment will rise up and resist Clinton's bid for dictatorial power. May Rep. Barr's bill be embraced by Congress and passed speedily (1 Sam 8:7-18; Neh 4:14; Pr 26:24-26; 28:4; 1 Tim 5:19-20; Mt 20:25-27; Lk 16:2).
Return to Welcome Page