THE CAPITOL HILL PRAYER ALERT
July 24th, 1999
U.S. To Fund Coercive
"Let everyone who is Godly pray to you while you may be found" (Psalm 32:6)
Population Control in
- The House of Representatives voted this week to restore funding for the United Nations Population Fund, known by the acronym UNFPA. In a surprising vote of support (221-198) the House has authorized $25 million to be given to UNFPA in FY2000. Pro-lifers had expected the vote to be close and were appalled by the heavy lobbying from UNFPA, the State Department and population control NGOs (non-governmental organizations).
- For the past two years, the United States has not allowed any taxpayer funds to be given to UNFPA because of UNFPA's continued support of forced abortions in Red China.
- During both the Reagan and Bush administrations, funding was denied to UNFPA under the "Mexico City Policy" - named for the conference where the policy was first presented. President Clinton nullified the Mexico City Policy when he took office in 1993. Pro-life lawmakers have been trying to reinstate the policy ever since, to no avail.
- Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) is prepared to offer an amendment to the Foreign Operations Appropriations bill that would strike all U.S. funding for international population control. The Congressman is waiting for the House Rules Committee to allow his proposal to be submitted. The committee's decision could come as early as this Monday, July 26.
Federal tax dollars should never be used to help kill innocent children -- here or abroad -- in the wombs of their mothers. God clearly states in His Word that He hates the shedding of innocent blood (Prov 6:17). Assisting any nation that allows this abomination to take place is barbaric and a clear act of rebellion against God. God will not be mocked (Gal 6:7).
Please Join in Agreeing Prayer:
- Holy God, You are a JUST JUDGE. You are angry with the wicked every day. While Your mercies are new every morning, You will not allow sin to go unpunished forever (Ps 7: 11; Lam 3:22-24; Gal 6:7).
- America has SINNED against You when we shed the blood of the innocent through funding abortions in foreign countries and at home. We CRY OUT for mercy for the unborn! Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the just; for the righteous God tests the hearts and minds. Our defense is of God, Who SAVES the upright in heart (Ps 7:9&10; Prov 6:17; Ezek 16:36-38).
- Allow the PAUL AMENDMENT to be attached to the Foreign Operations Appropriations bill. Then grant VICTORY to this amendment! In the Name of Jesus, AMEN!
"Please check back with us as new matters for prayer are posted each week. By joining together with others, the power of our prayers are multiplied.
Please feel free to print and share these with your prayer group or pastor.