Criticism Of Plans For Clinton's Upcoming China Trip Is Mounting
Posted June 18, 1998
President Clinton begins his five-city Chinese tour on June 25, amidst unresolved allegations of illegal donations to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) by Chinese officials as well as growing evidence concerning the sale of highly sensitive technology to Beijing. More controversy concerning human rights violations plagues this visit, as well.
- On June 16, chief investigator Scott Wheeler revealed on the Free Congress Foundation program, Endangered Liberties, that Clinton signed an executive order permitting a U.S. company to sell encryption technology exclusively to
the Chinese. No American company or citizen is allowed to sell such technology abroad without express government approval. This technology enables the Chinese to monitor American missiles. Clinton bypassed the Departments of State, Defense and even Commerce to get his way. China was not eligible for
this transfer of technology because of sanctions passed by Congress.
- China has accepted an invitation to observe multinational military exercises to take place here in the U.S. later this summer. This will be the first time China's three-million-strong People's Liberation Army has sent a delegation to
observe such exercises.
- Saying they are doing a favor for the people of the world, China has decried the "distortion" of its national birth control policy. Beijing continues to defend its one child policy even after last week's testimony by a former Chinese abortion clinic administrator before a U.S. congressional
subcommittee. Gao Xiao Duan, head of an abortion mill in eastern China from 1984 until recently, told the congressmen that forced abortion and sterilization were common practices. Gao also described helping destroy the homes of two women who gave birth without the state's permission.
- Senator Majority Leader Trent Lott (R-MS) has accused Clinton of allowing Beijing to manage the details and itinerary of the upcoming trip. "So far, it looks like the Chinese are really winning the battle in how this summit is
being planned," Lott said. He told a Capitol Hill news conference that he is "really worried that the president is being finessed or maneuvered by the Chinese."
Other Prayer Focuses
- Pray that the BLOOD OF THE INNOCENTS of China CRIES OUT and will be HEARD by the world and especially by the Clinton Administration (Ex 22:23&24; 2Chr 20:9; Ps 10:16-18; 17:1&2; 143:1&2; 145:17-20);
- Pray for EXPOSURE of any hidden agenda that might take place during the China trip (Pr 13:16; Is 57:11-13; La 4:22; 1Cor 4:5; Eph 5:11);
- May God grant PEACE and PROTECTION to our Persecuted Brothers and Sisters in China (Ps 5:11&12; 12:5-8; 20:1-3; 91:all).
Return to Welcome Page