Child Custody Protection Act
To Punish Pro-Abort Kidnappers
Will Protect States, Parents, Teens, Unborn
Posted June 12, 1998
HR 3792 and S 1645, the Child Custody Protection Act, if passed by Congress and signed into law, will make it costly for pro-abort counselors to continue the ugly practice of taking minor girls out of state to receive abortions without their parents' knowledge or consent. Rep. Lleana Ross-Lehtinen (R-FL) introduced HR 3792 (which now has 118 co-sponsors). S 1645 (24 co-sponsors) was introduced by Sen. Spencer Abraham (R-MI).
Republicans have done little to advance the cause of life since arch pro-aborts took the White House in 1992. Though they regained control of Congress in 1994, Republicans (except for a few pro-life heroes) have not demonstrated that the protection of human life is a high priority. But threats by popular Christian leader Dr. James Dobson (he threatened to leave the Republican Party and take his followers with him if Congress failed to take action soon) prompted Republican leaders to pledge to take up pro-life, pro-family issues this year. In keeping with that pledge, the Child Custody Protection Act should come to the floor of the House this summer.
- Since Roe v. Wade, laws in most states have been rewritten to grant "emancipated minor" status to pregnant girls. This means that a pregnant girl, no matter how young, may make a decision regarding abortion without consulting her parents. Pro-abort "family planning agencies" have taken advantage of this legal loophole to deceitfully encourage children to obtain abortions without telling their parents.
- For 25 years pro-aborts have tried to squelch reports that school counselors and teachers have been cooperating with abortion clinics and local family planning groups by helping transport school children to clinics for abortions during school hours. In some cases, involved adults facilitate such abortions to conceal sexual abuse, statutory rape and other illegal behaviors.
- Parents, outraged by this egregious violation of their authority and responsibility to guide and protect their children, have demanded that states pass laws to stop this practice. Twenty-two states have enacted laws requiring consent or notification of at least one parent, or the authorization of a judge, before a minor may obtain an abortion. However, greedy abortionists and lawless pro-abort groups have circumvented these laws by transporting young girls out of states where parental-consent laws have been enacted and into states where no such laws exist.
- These practices would have been considered kidnapping 30 years ago, but abortion was considered murder in most states then, too! Now, abortion has become a sacred "right" which must be protected at all costs, while parental rights and religious freedom mean nothing. Passage of the Child Custody Protection Act would remove the immunity from lawsuits currently enjoyed by school personnel and their cohorts and expose them to severe civil damages for this outrageous conduct.
- Pray God will use the bill's debate to EXPOSE the wickedness of abortion and its DECEPTIVE advocates. May pro-aborts in Congress, too, be EXPOSED and MARKED by voters for REJECTION in the November Election (Ps 10:7-9; 50:19-22; Ps 72:13-14; Eph 5:6-14).
- May The Child Custody Protection Act be PASSED and SIGNED into law by the President (Dt 19:13; Is 26:9-10; 1 Tim 1:8-9; Rom 13:4).
- Ask God to ANOINT strong, pro-life LEADERS for election and reelection to Congress this Fall (Dt 2:25; 11:25-27; Josh 1:6-9; 1 Chr 12:32-33).
Other Prayer Focuses
Return to Welcome Page