OUR CHILDREN ARE AT RISK!
Libraries PUSH Child Access to Pornography;
Want Parents to Keep Paying for It!
Posted May 6, 1998
- Most people believe the local library is a safe educational
environment for people of all ages. Not anymore if the American Library
Association (ALA) has their way.
- As more and more libraries "hook up" to
the Internet, they are also "hooking up" to illegal obscenity
and child pornography. Therefore, taxpayer funds are being used to distribute
- The ALA is stridently opposed to any filtering of pornography
from library computers -- even for the sake of the children. According
to Judith Krug, Director of the ALAís Office of Intellectual Freedom, "Blocking material leads to censorship. That goes for pornography
and bestiality too. If you don't like it, don't look at it.
...if you don't want your children to access that information, you
had better be with your children when they use a computer."
- Senator John McCain has introduced a bill (S. 1619) which
ties federal funds for school and library computers to the use of some
form of filtering. The local community would determine what to filter and
the libraries would be required to have at least one computer with safe
Internet access. A floor vote has not yet been scheduled, but could be
scheduled any time.
- While the McCain bill is a very moderate step to assist
in upholding community standards, the ALA is busy lobbying Congress this
week to water it down further or kill it altogether.
- Pray God will give Congress COURAGE to UPHOLD DECENCY by passing S. 1619. May this bill be STRENGTHENED and not watered
down (Ps 1:1-3; 27:11-14; Mal 3:3).
- May God bring CONFUSION into the ALA camp
and utterly FRUSTRATE their wicked pro-pornography agenda (Ps 58:6-8;
70:3; Is 5:20; Rom 1:18-32).
Other Prayer Focuses
Return to Welcome Page