U.S. SECURITY SOLD TO CHINA
Posted May 22, 1998
While the nation is gearing up to remember those who have given their lives to defend America and her allies, mounting evidence reveals that President Clinton authorized the sale of technology to China that defense experts believe gives Beijing the ability to blind our spy satellites and launch a sneak attack on the U.S.
- On Feb. 8, 1996, arms dealer Wang Jun met with then Commerce Secretary Ron Brown, followed by "coffee" meetings with the President. That same day, Clinton approved the placement of four American satellites via Chinese launched rockets. At the time, Taiwan was being harassed by Chinese missile tests just off of their coast.
- Democratic National Committee (DNC) fund-raiser Johnny Chung has told Justice Department investigators that $100,000 he channeled to the DNC during the summer of 1996 came from the People's Liberation Army of China. The money came to Chung from the daughter of China's top military commander, Gen. Liu
- Last summer, Sen. Fred Thompson (R-TN) cautioned the nation about China's plan to infiltrate the White House at the opening of the Senate Government Affairs Committee hearings on illegal fundraising. His warnings were scorned by Democrats and the media.
- Also last summer, an amendment to hinder the transfer of super-computers to China was defeated in the Senate. Thirty-four Republican Senators nixed Sen. Thad Cochran's (R-MS) amendment.
- Even amid allegations of a "Chinese Connection," the Clinton administration continues to cooperate with China. The President still plans to visit China next month where he will be formally received in Tiananmen Square, where the Red Chinese needlessly massacred Chinese students during a pro-democracy demonstration in June of 1989.
- On Wednesday, May 20th, the House acted quickly to pass, by an overwhelming margin, four measures which will curb future technology transactions.
Other Prayer Focuses
- Pray that the Lord will continue to EXPOSE the wicked agenda of the Clinton
Administration and the motives of its advocates in Congress (Job 20:20-29; Pr 13:16; Isa 57:11-13; I Cor 4:4 & 5; Eph 5:11-17).
- THANK God for the House of Representatives' initiative to stop new transfers of technology to Red China (Ps 95:1-7; Ps 100; II Cor 4:15-18; Phil 4:4-8).
Return to Welcome Page