NO TIME FOR GOD'S PEOPLE TO GIVE UP!
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not (Ga 6:9).
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord (1 Cor 15:58).
Posted February 19, 1999
Now that the U.S. Senate has decided not to uphold justice and the rule of law, Christians across the country must not give up the "good fight of faith." God has not been removed as King of Kings nor has His power over all things been diminished by the happenings here on Capitol Hill. Rather, God expects His people to continue to be steadfast in doing His will no matter what the circumstances may be. For the Lord is our Judge, the Lord is our Lawgiver, the Lord is our King; He will save us (Isa 33:22). The list below indicates clearly that those who oppose God's principles are not relaxing their efforts - thus, praying Christians must not stop crying out to God for mercy.
Please Join With Us In Agreeing Prayer:
- Hillary Rodham Clinton spoke last week at the Hague Forum, a five-day conference held to assess the progress in carrying out the action plan agreed upon at the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) in Cairo. Organized by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Mrs. Clinton declared at the conference that "the President [Bill Clinton] has proposed a $25 million voluntary contribution to the UNFPA. I hope our Congress will support that request." She added, "Restoration of United States funding for the UNFPA would send a strong signal that the United States continues to support the ICPD Programme of Action."
- Pro-abortion Republicans in California are hoping to eliminate their state's pro-life plank and purge the state party of any pro-life leader at the state convention in Sacramento, February 26-28. Claiming that the GOP opposition to abortion by the party's "right-wing wackos" is "political suicide," these liberal Republicans believe they have the votes to make these changes in California.
- This past weekend, socially liberal Republicans met in Miami at the Republican Leadership Council's Winter Meeting. Some of the leaders of this group say their primary mission will be to remove all litmus tests from Republican politics, on social issues particularly. "Over the past two years, the RLC has emerged as a voice of tolerance and inclusion within the GOPÍ," stated Mark Miller, Executive Director of the RLC, in their pre-meeting press release.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton will give "careful thought" to running for a New York Senate seat now that her husband's impeachment trial is over. Aides close to her say she has been talking with supporters about what it would take to run a serious campaign. A poll released earlier this month from Quinnipiac College's Polling Institute had Mrs. Clinton favored by 51 percent of registered voters to 42 percent for Mayor Giuliani. Six percent of voters were undecided.
- Almighty God, Creator of Heaven and Earth, HEAR the cry of Your people (Ex 3:7-9).
Other Prayer Focuses
- Oh, that You would REND the heavens and come down! That the mountains might SHAKE at Your presence to make Your name known to Your adversaries! But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousness is like filthy rags (Isa 64:1-12).
- Cause Your people to HUMBLE themselves and REPENT. Renew our desire to advance Your kingdom here on Earth. RAISE UP those who are not ashamed of the Gospel (2 Chr 7:13-14; Rom 1:16).
- May we be willing to receive Your mark upon our foreheads as we sigh and cry for all the abominations that are done within our midst (Eze 9:1-11).
- And those who will not bow to Your will, may they be REMOVED for Your Name's Sake! (Pr 25:5; Isa 1:24-27).
Return to Welcome Page