THE CAPITOL HILL PRAYER ALERT
October 13th, 1999
"Let everyone who is Godly pray to you while you may be found" (Psalm 32:6)
WELCOME TO BABY SIX BILLION!
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward. (Psalm 127:3)
- According to U.N. demographers, on October 12, 1999, the population of the world reached six billion. The world's population has doubled since 1960, and so has the average income of people in the developing world. Infant mortality rates have been lowered considerably on all continents of the world since the turn of the century. Just two hundred years ago, most people did not live past the age of 30, while today's life expectancy is now 65 years of age. Enough food is produced now for everyone in the world to have 3,500 calories of grain daily. And adding meat, fish, fruit and other food sources brings this total up to 4.3 pounds of daily food per person. Unfortunately, this food is not being distributed to those most in need.
- The population controllers are mourning this day and not acknowledging underpopulation as a greater threat than overpopulation to the world. More than 70 nations, representing over half the world's population, will be below the replacement rate of fertility by the year 2000. The UN even predicts that by 2050, the population of Russia will have decreased by 25 million people, Japan will have declined by 21 million, Italy will have 16 million fewer people and both Germany and Spain will be smaller by 9 million.
To learn more about the world's population hitting six billion, check out the following web site:
AFRICAN-AMERICANS MARCH FOR LIFE
- On Monday, October 11, the Rev. Johnny M. Hunter, national director of Life Education and Resource Network (L.E.A.R.N.), led a group of fellow African-Americans to the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court. The group placed more than 1,000 red roses in front of the building to symbolize and represent the number of unborn black babies aborted each day. This was at the end of the Say So March ("If you love the children, say so") sponsored by L.E.A.R.N. that began Friday in New Jersey.
- "This march is a civil rights march. We're organizing this march to tell our black brothers and sisters that we have been duped into destroying ourselves," said Say So March spokesman Damon Owens. "Even though we make up 12% of the population, we supply 33% of the abortion industry's businessÍ In the three days of this march, more African-Americans will [have been] murdered by abortion than were lynched from 1882-1968. It's time to stop the genocide," Owens stated.
For more information about Life Education and Resource Network, go to their web site at:
Please Join in Agreeing Prayer:
- God of All Creation, we WORSHIP and ADORE You. You have given us Jesus so that we might have life and more abundantly. Thank You for sending us The Only Begotten of the Father. (Jn 3:16; 10:10)
- We are gladdened by Your Blessings of six billion people on earth. Yet, we are saddened that we have not cherished each other, as we ought. We have not acknowledged the precious life of the pre-born and have turned away from esteeming our elders. Since we have not provided for the least of our brethren, we have not cared for You. (Lev 19:32; Ps 82:2-4; Mt 25:34-45)
- Lord of All, please GRANT REPENTANCE to Your Church. Allow us to turn away from our wickedness. May the Church of America AWAKEN to her role in the killing of innocents here and abroad by its silence. Cause Your Pastors to CRY OUT for those who have no voice. Deliver the Church from the guilt of bloodshed, O God! In Jesus' Name, AMEN! (Lev 20:4-5; 2 Chr 7:14; Ps 51:13-17; Ezek 9:1-11; Acts 4:29; Rom 1:32)
"Please check back with us as new matters for prayer are posted each week. By joining together with others, the power of our prayers are multiplied.
Please feel free to print and share these with your prayer group or pastor.