Our Impeached President:
Tyrant Or God's Minister?
Posted January 30, 1999
"It is blasphemy to call tyrants and oppressors God's ministers.... When magistrates rob and ruin the people, instead of being guardians of its peace and welfare, they immediately cease to be the ordinance and ministers of God, and no more deserve that glorious character than common pirates and highwaymen."Please Agree with us in Prayer
-- Jonathan Mayhew (1720-1766), Congregational minister at West Church in Boston.
"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is impossible that a nation of infidels
or idolaters shall be a nation of freemen. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains. A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience, are incompatible with freedom."
-- Patrick Henry
"We the people are the rightful masters, both of Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the
-- Abraham Lincoln
- On Friday, January 22, 1999, (the 26th anniversary of Roe v. Wade) Hillary Rodham Clinton announced plans by her husband, President Clinton, to grant $4.5 million of taxpayer monies to abortion mills for their "protection." The money will be used to purchase alarm systems, closed-circuit TV cameras and other security devices to counter abortion clinic violence. While Mrs. Clinton
was celebrating this decision with members of the National Abortion and
Reproductive Rights Action League (NARAL), thousands of pro-life activists were gathering across from the White House to protest the legalization of the shedding of innocent blood through abortion.
- The Clinton administration is endeavoring to circumvent a ban on human-embryo research funding. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced in
mid-January that research into human brain "stem cells" would begin soon with federal funds supporting the effort. Privately funded scientists have isolated and multiplied stem cells from aborted babies and "unused" embryos from
infertility treatments. NIH Director Harold Varmus maintains that, since the research will be done on "stem cells" not grown with the help of federal funds, "once those cells are grown we believe that under the law they can be worked with."
- During the State of the Union address on January 19, President Clinton pushed "hate crimes" legislation, as well as passage of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA). These measures are designed to give special
privileges and protection to homosexuals. Other countries that have passed similar legislation have been able to subsequently enact laws preventing anyone, especially the Church, from speaking out against the homosexual lifestyle.
- On December 10, 1998, Clinton issued executive order (EO) 13107 on the "Implementation of Human Rights Treaties." With this action, Clinton basically
stole from the Senate the power - specifically enumerated in the Constitution - to approve or disapprove any and all treaties.
(Nu 25: 6- 13; Neh 10:28,29; Ps 19: 7-11; 106: 30,31; Is 66:2; Jer 31: 31-34; Joel 1:14; 2:15-18).
Other Prayer Focuses
- Heavenly Father, we acknowledge that Your LAW is PERFECT, reviving the soul, Your STATUTES are TRUSTWORTHY, making wise the simple, Your PRECEPTS are RIGHT, giving joy to the heart. Yet we have not followed Your Law or Your Precepts nor have our elected officials followed after You. May LOVE and RESPECT once more be given to Your LAW and Your WORD!
- RAISE UP men with the spirit of Phinehas upon them to STAND UP and INTERVENE for Your Name's Sake. May those in authority BANISH all forms of tyranny from our government. And those who continue to oppress be REMOVED from office.
- Almighty God, may we seek You with a HUMBLE and CONTRITE SPIRIT, may we tremble at Your WORD, and may Your WORD be WRITTEN upon our hearts. Cause us to REND our hearts and not our garments and Your ministers to WEEP between the porch and the altar.
Return to Welcome Page