IS THE CHURCH ASLEEP OR DEAD?
Days till Marriage Amendment Vote; Still No Outcry
My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge... "Because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children" (Ho 4:6 NIV).
The Federal Marriage Amendment (FMA) is scheduled for debate and a vote in the U.S. Senate next week. Yet, despite massive effort by Christian and conservative organizations and pastors across America, church members have done little to urge Washington lawmakers to support the FMA. The threat posed by the legalization of homosexual marriage in Massachusetts has not yet struck home (see www.detnews.com/2004/religion/0407/06/a06e-199032.htm).
- Conservative leaders have little hope to muster 60 votes needed to overcome a Democrat filibuster, but they do hope to get Senators on record regarding homosexual marriage so their constituents can hold them accountable.
- Forty states already have Defense of Marriage laws (DOMA), but homosexual activists pledge to challenge each state in the courts. Experts believe they can find liberal judges who will rule in their favor.
- Many experts believe the U.S. Supreme Court will rule in favor of homosexual marriage when the matter reaches them thus the crucial necessity of immediate action on the FMA.
- Thankfully, activists are working hard to defend marriage in many states. Thirteen states have Marriage Amendments on the ballot for voters to decide this year. Among them: Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Utah. North Dakota and Ohio pro-family activists are collecting signatures, facing August deadlines.
Only God can stir His people to arise to reverse the legalization of homosexual marriage. The window of opportunity is very small. Should we fail, America is doomed. How can God allow the nation our children will inherit to survive?
Please urge everyone you know to pray & take action while time remains! Reach your Senator at 202-225-6827, your U.S. Representative at 202-224-3121.
Please Continue to Persist in Prayer:
- Heavenly Father, Your CURSE comes upon all who practice or approve of homosexuality. Help us now to resist this evil (Pr 28:4; Ps 9:17; Rom 1:18-32; Jude 1:7).
- AWAKEN, STIR, & SHAKE Your people to PRAYER & ACTION! Move upon the U.S. Senate as well as the voters in States with Marriage Amendments on the ballot. May the FMA & every state Marriage Amendment be ENACTED & RATIFIED. In Jesus' Name, Amen (2 Chr 20:12; Mt 21:21-22; Mk 11:24