WINNING THE WAR ON TERRORISM
Repentance, Prayer, U.S. Resolve - Essential for Success
U.S. transfer of power to the Iraqi interim government two days before the deadline may have forestalled bloody plans by insurgents, but the celebration was broken Monday night when a roadside bomb killed three Marines and wounded two others. Since April, 262 U.S. servicemen have been killed, nearly 1/3 of those killed since the war began.
- Insurgents murdered a captive soldier Monday, and others have threatened to behead a captive U.S. Marine Corporal and Pakistani driver if all the Iraqi POWs are not released.
- Iraq's new Prime Minister has promised new security measures.
- Meeting in Turkey, NATO leaders agreed to help train Iraq's struggling army, but not take a more significant role in Iraq.
- President Bush appealed to Mid-Eastern Muslims to embrace democracy, saying it is not equivalent to "Western popular culture" that Muslims "want no part of." He said, "When I speak about the blessings of liberty, coarse videos and crass commercialism are not what I have in mind
There is nothing incompatible between democratic values and high standards of decency."
- Yet, the U.S. Supreme Court refused to uphold a federal law that punishes Internet pornographers who target children, deeming it an "unconstitutional restraint on free speech." Another federal court refused to intervene in the Massachusetts ruling that required the legalization of homosexual marriage.
- Michael Moore's leftwing "documentary" Fahrenheit 9/11 opened to record weekend crowds. The film's assault on President Bush is so strong that the Federal Election Commission's Chief lawyer may prohibit TV ads under the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance law.
- At the heart of this confusion is a timid, Biblically unequipped, truant, irrelevant American Church. Churchmen have not humbled themselves amid our national troubles. The assault on America will succeed unless repentant believers, led by their pastors, cry out to God and arise fearlessly to proclaim Truth wherever it is under attack in the Church and government.
- Please Pray with Us:
- Father, DEFEAT the terrorist hordes. WATCH, PRESERVE & PROTECT our fighting men (Ps 28: all; 33:17-22).
- May the Church - via REPENTANCE, PURITY, PRAYER & BOLD CHRISTIAN WITNESS - give our troops the support they really need (Ps 76:6-9).
- Grant REVIVAL & REFORMATION here at home & among our troops. May Your Mercy & Blessing change us so that our Witness to the Nations will Glorify, not shame Your Name! In the Mighty Name of Jesus, AMEN (Ps 89:15-18; 91:4-9; 115:9-13; 124:1-8; Eph 6:10-19).