THE CRUCIAL CHRISTIAN VOTE
Christians Can Decide America's Fate in November
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God (Ps 9:17).
Tuesday's Senate hearing on the Federal Marriage Amendment (FMA) revealed a badly divided America. Unless we elect leaders in November who forcefully defend the Biblical institution of marriage, a small cadre of radical, unelected state and federal and Supreme Court judges WILL turn the American family, law and jurisprudence and 6000 years of human history upside down just as they did in Massachusetts! (www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-gay-marriage,0,3302601.story?coll=sns-ap-nation-headlines).
- The National Association of Evangelicals, in a major new document, has issued an emergency call to all Christians, chiding evangelicals for their civic inactivity (just half voted in the 2000 election). While Christians must be careful not to equate Christian faith with partisan politics, they declare, Jesus is Lord over every area of life, and we are at a historic moment where [Christians] dare not disengage from public life (www.washingtontimes.com/functions/print.php?StoryID=20040622-122338-9915r).
- Let Freedom Ring Inc., a new group to counter the millions of dollars being spent to discredit President Bush by leftist groups like billionaire George Soros' MoveOn.org, will use TV commercials, videos, documentaries, Web campaigns, and voter-registration drives to reinforce traditional values and inspire a new generation of Americans to participate actively in our political process (www.washingtontimes.com/functions/print.php?StoryID=20040622-122338-4424r).
- Most hopeful is the call to Christians by a broad coalition of churches, denominations, and national, regional and local prayer organizations, to unite for 40 days of repentance, prayer and fasting September 24 - November 2, 2004, and to observe a Nationwide Solemn Assembly October 10th (www.prayeralert.org/alertarchives/alert-040605.html).
- The Bible reveals our nation is in grave jeopardy not from the threat of militant Islam but the very hand of Almighty God. Many Christian leaders now realize that the Church's own self-centeredness, sin and civic apathy are our nation's gravest problems and that our very survival may depend upon what Bible-believing Christians do or do not do this November. We must fan the flames with constant prayer!
Please Join Us in Constant Prayer:
- Father, Your Intervention is our ONLY HOPE! Lord, please INTERVENE!
- GRANT anointing & success to all the get-out-the-Christian-vote campaigns!
- Above all, STIR Pastors and Churches across America to PRAY. May millions FAST & PRAY this fall. May thousands of churches observe Solemn Assemblies. Hear our prayers, O God! In Jesus Name, Amen (2 Chr 7:14; 20:3-12; Joel 1:14; 2:15).