One hundred and five American soldiers have been killed in Iraq in the past 3 weeks, nearly 1/6 of all those killed (706) since the war began. Wednesday, non-Iraqi al Qaida homicide-bombers struck police buildings in Basra, killing 68 persons and critically wounding 168. Al Qaida bombers also attacked national police headquarters in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, killing nine persons and wounding 125.
- Syria is now the staging ground for al Qaida fighters to destabilize Iraq and kill Americans.
- They are doing what they believe allah commands. Only total defeat will stop them.
- The Islamist jihad has been growing since 1998, when Osama Bin Laden called upon Muslims everywhere "to kill Americans and their allies, military or civilian
in any country in which it is possible."
- It took the carnage of 9/11 for America to begin to take the Islamist War seriously. Many Americans, including some Conservative Christians, still have their heads buried in the sand.
- Hatred for the President has reached fever pitch in many Arab nations, especially since Bush expressed support for keeping some Israeli settlements on the West Bank (see www.cbn.com/CBNNews/News/040421c.asp).
Is God using the United States to contain the spread of militant, anti-Christ Islam despite our own sinfulness? Has He not enabled President Bush to take a strong, unambiguous stand against the Islamists? President Bush boldly acknowledges "the Almighty" which provokes his enemies. God may be using the Islamist scourge to punish America (just as He used ancient Assyria to punish Israel), yet God has given us a remarkable leader in President Bush. The President desperately needs and deserves our prayers.
Please Join Us in Praying for our President:
- Father, DRAW President Bush close to You. STRENGTHEN his heart & GOVERN his decisions just as You promised to do (Pr 21:1; 1 Tim 2:1-4).
- GRANT Bush WISDOM to Command our Armies & COURAGE to do RIGHT amid the political fray. PROTECT our Troops. STIR Your people mightily to Pray.
- Grant America REPENTANCE! HELP us to stay the course -- to DEFEAT our bloodthirsty enemies & their plan for World Dominion. In Jesus Name, Amen (Jdg 2:11-22; 2 Chr 7:14; Ps 7: all; 72: all).