THE PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTION BAN
Defending the Beginning of the End for Abortion
things the LORD hates, yes [they] are an abomination to Him
a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood
Abortion advocates challenged the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act (PBABA) in federal court immediately after President Bush signed it into law last November. The law is now on trial in three separate U.S. District Courts in California, Nebraska, and New York.
- Planned Parenthood is leading the assault in California, abortionist Leroy Carhart and the Center for Reproductive Rights in Nebraska, and the National Abortion Federation and the American Civil Liberties Union in New York.
- The U.S. Department of Justice is defending the law with support from pro-life groups.
- Pro-aborts base their hope upon the U.S. Supreme Courts 2000 ruling against Nebraskas Partial Birth Abortion Ban (Stenberg v. Carhart). The court said then: 1) the ban was too broad and would prevent abortionists from performing common second trimester procedures, creating an undue burden upon women seeking abortions; and 2) The law lacked an exception to protect womens health. The Federal ban is very similar to the Nebraska ban.
- The secular media seems to be avoiding coverage of the trials, especially in Manhattan. In New York, U.S. District Court Judge Richard Casey has permitted government witnesses to testify freely to the horrors of the procedure, including fetal pain and other evidence that proves the barbarian practice to be nothing less sadistic than infanticide.
Attorney Jay Sekulow, Chief Counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), is attending the New York trial and posting daily reports on the ACLJ Website (see www.aclj.org/resources/prolife/pba/040329_trial_notebook.asp). Christians must prevail in prayer to assure this first federal law against any abortion procedure is upheld!
Please Join Us Daily Prayer:
- LORD, have Mercy! MAY TRUTH PREVAIL in each of these Federal courtrooms. May our Elected Representatives ENACT & our Courts UPHOLD this & future laws against Abortion. Purge our Nation of this Evil (Ps 82: all; Pr 6:16-17; Is 5:20; 59:14-19; 1 Cor 15:57-58).
- Grant America REVIVAL & REFORMATION, without which, our nation is surely doomed. In Jesus Name, Amen (Ps 21:11-13; 64:2-9; 94:20-21; Jer 7:5-7; 22:3-5; Joel 3:19; Acts 3:19).