PRAYING FOR OUR TROOPS
Military Response In Fallujah
- Deliver me, O LORD, from evil men
they continually gather together for war (Ps 140:1-3).
As the June 30 deadline nears for Americans to transfer power to the Iraqi interim constitutional government, an army of approximately 10,000 Iraqi extremists led by Shiite cleric, Muqtada al-Sadr has launched an all-out effort to kill U.S. troops and civilians.
- Four American civilians were ambushed last week in Fallujah, a city west of Baghdad where Saddam loyalists continue to defy the U.S. occupation. The Americans were shot; their bodies soaked with gasoline, set aflame, and then abused by a mob before TV cameras (see www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110004911).
- Al-Sadr's militiamen have attacked coalition forces in three southern cities driving Ukrainian soldiers out of Kut. Confrontations with the insurgents have taken place northeast of Baghdad, too. In Kufa and Karbala, Iraqi police have allowed al-Sadrs men to move freely.
- Al-Sadr is wanted also for murdering a rival cleric a year ago. While most Iraqi Shiites have neither rallied to al-Sadr nor condemned him, his portrait appears on mosques and government buildings and numerous protests have been held in his support.
- 12 U.S. Marines were killed Tuesday in Ramadi. Among their ambushers were Syrian mercenaries. The current count of Americans killed in the year-old Iraq war is 626.
- U.S. Maj. Gen. Mark Kimmitt, calling for Muqtada al-Sadrs surrender, has vowed to "destroy" his army. Al-Sadr has vowed instead to die a martyrs death.
God warned that these troubles would come upon every nation that turns its back on Him. While we officially approve homosexual marriage, eject the Ten Commandments from our public places and expel officials who refuse to agree to not acknowledge God, can we expect God to bless us? (Dt 28: all; Ps 9:17)
We must repent and call our nation to repent!
Please Join Us in Aggressive, Faith-filled Prayer:
- LORD HAVE MERCY! SURROUND our Fighting Men with Your Supernatural Presence! Bring them home safe in Christ! (Ps 51:10-13; 91:all)
- Bring Muqtada al-Sadr to Justice. Supernaturally ENABLE peace-loving Iraqis to establish a system of freedom, law & order. (Ex 17:9-13; Ps 8:2).
- Give President Bush WISDOM & COURAGE to do Your Will (Is 41:9-13).
- GRANT the American People Repentance. SEND Revival, which alone will heal our land. In Jesus Name, Amen (2 Chr 7:14; Ps 60:10-12).