JUSTICES TO HEAR PLEDGE CASE
Prayer Vigil Called For March 23-24
And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness (Acts 4:13)
Rev. Rob Schenck, President of the National Clergy Council, says We need a strong Christian presence in front of the US Supreme Court when the Justices
decide whether the United States will remain, one nation under God. Schenck and Rev. Pat Mahoney, Director of the Christian Defense Coalition, are asking churches and Christian groups to come to Washington to pray.
- The Supreme Court's most-watched case of 2004, Elk Grove School District v. Michael Newdow, will be argued Wednesday, March 24.
- Newdow, a California atheist minister, wants the Pledge of Allegiance to be ruled unconstitutional and America's public school children forbidden from reciting it because it contains the phrase under God (see www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-scotus-pledge-of-allegiance,0,4605232,print.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines ).
- The National Clergy Councils ministry-center across the street from the Supreme Court, recognizable by its two-story banner displaying the Ten Commandments, will be available as a rest stop for those who come to pray.
- Rev. Pat Mahoney will lead a candlelight prayer vigil in front of the U.S. Supreme Court on the evening of the 23rd from 7 PM to 9 PM. A prayer rally will take place outside the Court on March 24 from 9 AM to 12 Noon during the hearing.
- Rev. Schenck will report on the hearing to those assembled for prayer immediately following the oral arguments.
Please spread the word far and wide! Few were here to pray when the Supreme Court took prayer and Bible reading out of schools, declared war on the unborn, pronounced sodomy a protected right and banished the Ten Commandments from public view. God's people must not be invisible this time!
Join With Us in an Appeal to God:
- Father, CAUSE the American people, especially Christians, to RISE UP & RESIST every wicked act of judicial activism.
- May the Supreme Court AFFIRM "Under God" in the Pledge & REVERSE the trend of the Federal Court to prohibit the acknowledgment of God in government places. In Jesus Name, Amen (Ex 18:21-23; Dt 16:17-20; Job 12:17-20; Ps 2:10-11).