PRAISE GOD! SOUTH DAKOTA PASSES
CHALLENGE TO ROE v. WADE
They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them
On Tuesday, the South Dakota House passed a measure that will challenge Roe v. Wade by a vote of 54-14. The bill introduced by State Rep. Matt McCaulley will outlaw nearly all abortions in South Dakota.
- The measure states life begins at conception, a fact the U.S. Supreme Court could not determine in 1973, yet medical science has since settled conclusively.
- House Bill 1191 (http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/2004/1191.htm) makes abortion a crime punishable by a $5000 fine and up to five years in prison. There is an exception for abortions in rare instances when carrying a baby poses a clear threat to the life of the mother or risks "substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function."
- The bill has sufficient support to pass in the Senate.
- Governor Mike Rounds (R), a devoted pro-lifer, is expected to sign the bill into law.
- Experts expect the law ultimately to reach the U.S. Supreme Court.
Please Join Us in United, Thankful Prayer:
- Lord, THANK YOU for this wonderful step towards overturning Roe V. Wade. ALLOW Your Church to see Roe V. Wade to be reversed SOON (Ps 34:4-7; 41:1-2; 106:1-3; 149:5-9).
- CAUSE more God-fearing pro-life men & women to be elected to office across America. In Jesus Name, Amen (Pr 24:10-12; Mt 17:20-21; Mk 9:23; Lk 18:2-8; 1 Th 5:24; Heb 11:32-34).