RESIST BOISE COUNCIL DECISION
Rev. Pat Mahoney, Director of the Christian Defense Coalition and the "Keep the Commandments Coalition," is seeking a judicial injunction to prevent the Boise, ID City Council from removing a 40-year-old Ten Commandments monument from a city park.
- The Coalition argues that the city leaders failed to consider the people's will when they unilaterally decided to remove the monument.
- Coalition members have maintained a 24-hour vigil to prevent the monument's removal despite freezing temperatures, ice and snow.
- Boise councilmen point to Fred Phelps, a Baptist preacher from Kansas known for his angry anti-homosexual demonstrations, for their decision. Phelps has threatened to sue Boise should they refuse him a permit to erect a memorial to slain homosexual Matthew Shepard inscribed "Entered Hell October 12, 1998."
- The federal court has ruled that if the Ten Commandments are displayed on public property, monuments espousing other religious and political views must also be allowed.
- U.S. District Court Judge Edward Lodge has postponed their preliminary hearing and has set no new date.
- Phelps' group has attempted to erect monuments in Topeka, KS, Lebanon, PA, Greene County, TN and Casper, WY, but have failed. Continuing to push his agenda, Phelps could succeed in harming the Ten Commandments cause.
While most Americans favor public display of the Ten Commandments, antagonists would succeed if not for activists like Rev. Pat Mahoney, Rev. Rob Schenck, John Giles & others who led the vigil in Alabama and continue to defend the Ten Commandments elsewhere. More Christian activists are needed.
Rev. Mahoney states, "Those who seek to remove public displays of the Ten Commandments could never succeed if they were not already removed from too many of America's churches and from the hearts of too many of America's professing Christians."
Please Join us in Believing Prayer:
- Lord, GRANT the people in Boise & elsewhere FAVOR to preserve the Ten Commandments. Move upon the Boise Council to REVERSE their position (Gen 20:3; Ps 18:29-30; Is 41:10; 54:17).
- STOP Religious Renegades who do harm by misrepresenting Christ (Lk 9:54-56).
- MOTIVATE tens of thousands to STAND UP for the Ten Commandments wherever they are challenged. May the Church REPENT & ACT to restore years of apathy has lost. In Jesus Name, Amen (1 Chr 12:18, 22; 2 Chr 15: all, esp. v. 7).