- THE UNBORN VICTIMS OF VIOLENCE ACT
- If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely
if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth... (Ex 21: 22-25).
The House Judiciary Committee approved The Unborn Victims of Violence Act (H.R.1997) by a vote of 20-13 on the eve of the anniversary of Roe v. Wade. It will now go to the House floor for a vote.
- If enacted, individuals who harm or kill an unborn child while committing a federal crime will be charged with a separate criminal offense.
- Unfortunately, the bill specifically exempts from prosecution women who choose to obtain abortions and those who perform them.
- Senator Mike Dewine (R-OH) has introduced the Senate companion bill (S. 146). This bill has twice before passed the House only to languish in the Senate.
UVVA recognizes unborn babies as persons worthy of protection under federal law. It is Biblical. President Bush has promised to sign the bill if passed.
THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE ACT
- If they say, Come
let us lay in wait for blood
for the innocent without cause
My son, walk not in the way with them
they lay wait for their own blood
for their own lives (Pr 1:11-18).
To commemorate the 31st anniversary of Roe v. Wade, pro-abortion leaders in both Houses of Congress introduced the Freedom of Choice Act (H.R.3719; S.2020). Among FOCA sponsors were Representative Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), Senators Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Hillary Clinton (D-NY), Barbara Feinstein (D-CA), James Jeffords (D-VT), and Joseph Lieberman (D-CT).
- FOCA is a laundry list of pro-abortions most cherished sophisms pure propaganda.
- Planned Parenthood and other abortion activists plan to promote FOCA by brandishing placards at prominent intersections in cities across America between now and April 25th, when they will conduct a March for Womens Lives in Washington, DC.
- Though unlikely to pass, the bill will give members an opportunity to promote abortion and to energize pro-abortion voters prior to the November elections.
Please Join Us in Faith-filled Prayer:
- Father, Move upon Congress speedily to pass The Unborn Victims of Violence Act. Hasten the day unborn infants will be protected from abortion (Job 31:15; Ps 127:3; 44:24; 46:3-4; Jer 1:5).
- UTTERLY DEFEAT those who contrive or embrace the evil Freedom of Choice Act. In Jesus Name, Amen (Gen 4:11; Dt 21:1-9; Ps 24: all; 106:37-40).