TERRI SCHIAVO NEEDS OUR PRAYERS
Judicial Tyrants, Murdering Judges Must be Restrained
They band together against the righteous and condemn the innocent to death (Ps 94:21).
Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter (Pr 24:11-12).
A Florida judge is expected to rule soon that a Florida law passed to prevent Terri Schiavo's court-ordered starvation is unconstitutional. An order to remove Terri's feeding tube could come any day thereafter (www.cbn.com/CBNNews/News/040116a.asp).
- In October Terri's feeding was discontinued by court order. She starved for six days before Florida legislators passed an emergency bill authorizing Governor Jeb Bush to order Terri's feeding tube to be reinserted.
- In this landmark case, a Governor and State Legislature acted to stop an evil act of Judicial Tyranny balancing the court's power, just as our Founding Fathers envisioned. But Florida's judges will not surrender lawmaking power to the state's elected leaders
- Last week, Florida Chief Judge David Demers refused to reappoint a temporary guardian originally appointed to watch over Terri, to assess her condition and to keep Gov. Bush informed.
- Meanwhile, with counsel from a notorious pro-suicide lawyer, Terri's husband, Michael Schiavo, sued to overturn Terri's law. The court has ruled that Mr. Schiavo may legally determine Terri's fate, even though he, for eight years, has lived with a "fiancée" and fathered two children.
- For years, Terri's parents have fought to gain her custody and spare her life; yet, the judge would not even allow them visitation rights
Pro-life leaders and conservative legal scholars agree that Terri's case is a prime example of the increasingly anti-Christ judicial tyranny to which Americans have been subjected over the past 30 years. If the Church does not soon arise and effectively reverse this trend, court-ordered starvation could become as commonplace as abortion, especially as Baby-boomers reach senescence.
Please Join Us in Ceaseless Prayer:
- Father, INTERVENE TO SAVE TERRI SHIAVO! (Ps 7:1-2; 33:18-20; Pr 24:11-12)
- CONSTRAIN Judge David Demers. GIVE Governor Bush & the Florida Legislature the WILL & FORTITUDE to STOP Terri's murder (Ps 149:6-9; Mk 3:27). May Terri's legal custody be taken from her adulterous husband & given to her devoted family (Pr 25:19; Jer 23:4; Ez 34:10; 1 Tim 5:8).
- May this travesty of justice stir Your People to PRAY & ACT -- to RESIST JUDICIAL TYRANNY & to RESTORE the FEAR of GOD to our courts. In Jesus Name, Amen (Is 5:20-21; 10: 2-3; Pr 28:4; Mat 28:18-20).