Vindicate me in your righteousness, O LORD my God
May all who gloat over my distress be put to shame
May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness; may they always say, The LORD be exalted, who delights in the well-being of his servant. (Ps 35: 25-27).
Former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore's attorneys have filed a motion in their case appealing Moores removal from office by an ethics panel, charging that the members of the new "ad hoc" Alabama Supreme Court were selected improperly.
- According to state law the Governor must appoint judges to fill vacated seats on the Alabama Supreme Court. Furthermore, the Alabama Supreme Court had previously ruled that recused judges "can take no further action in that case, not even the action of reassigning the case."
- All eight members of the Alabama Supreme Court recused themselves from hearing Moore's case. Acting Chief Justice Gorman Houston chose seven replacement judges by lot from a pool of retired justices.
- Moore's attorneys immediately objected. Phillip Jauregui, an attorney on Moore's legal team, wrote, "the court, when provided with a perfectly legal process, opted for an illegal process that produced two justices that have obvious and direct conflicts with the chief justice."
- Spokesmen for Attorney General Bill Pryor (who prosecuted the case against Moore) and for Governor Bill Riley contend that the procedure was legal.
Regarding the larger appeal, Constitutional scholar Dr. Herb Titus explains, "Standing up to an illegal or unethical judicial ruling has now been declared a 'violation of judicial ethics.' In the future, when lawyers swear allegiance to the Constitution, they will, in fact, be swearing fealty, not the Constitution, but to the Courts, to a group of men. Challenging the courts will heretofore be deemed 'unethical.'"
Please Join Us in Single-hearted Prayer:
- Lord, VINDICATE Judge Roy Moore! May Your People be INCREASINGLY STIRRED to stand with Moore & the Commandments & against judicial tyranny.
- May Judges OF YOUR CHOOSING hear this case. May they BOLDLY SUPPORT the Constitution AND Your Commandments. Grant the Church REVIVAL & REFORMATION & America another GREAT AWAKENING! In Jesus Name, AMEN (Neh 9:26-27; 1 Sam 2:30; Ps 82:1-5; 107:2; Ez 45:9; Dan 9:11-19).