PRAYER FOR OUR TROOPS IN 2004
"Sharia," Homeland Security, Elections
Deliver me, O LORD, from evil men
they continually gather together for war. They sharpen their tongues like a serpent; the poison of asps is under their lips. Selah (Ps 140:1-3).
- The U.S. is rebounding; another year has passed with no successful Islamist attack on the U.S. homeland, Saddam Hussein is in custody, and Afghanistan has a new constitution. Average Americans are less agitated by the Islamist threat, but those who pray for our nation must maintain a warfare posture and pray regularly for our troops!
Our Troops: Over the last three months, hostilities in Iraq and Afghanistan have led to increased American fatalities. Nearly 10,000 U.S. troops have been killed, wounded or evacuated due to injury or illness since the War began.
Iraq & Afghanistan: The new constitution declares Afghanistan an Islamic state. If Islamic leaders have their way Iraq will become a Muslim state. Have we fought these wars only to strengthen Islam and, in the end, its radical factions? What does God think?
American Safety at Home & Abroad: Intelligence and intercepted communications revealing an Islamist plot to hijack foreign planes for use on American targets has led to heightened alert status and increased security at U.S. airports. Experts believe America will face major attacks and Palestinian-style suicide bombings in 2004. The Islamist Jihad against all Christians, Jews, Americans and Israelis everywhere is far from over.
The Primary & General Elections: Gov. Howard Dean, the front-running Democratic Presidential Candidate, completely opposes President Bush's policies re: Iraq, Afghanistan, Homeland Security, etc.
Some American Democrats and many European Liberals freely compare President George Bush to Adolph Hitler. Anti-American hostilities, spiritual and political warfare at home and abroad, will require aggressive prayer this year. President George W. Bush especially needs our prayers.
Please Join Us in Aggressive, Faith-filled Prayer:
- Lord, SURROUND our Fighting Men with Your Supernatural Presence. SEND REVIVAL to the Troops. May they return home Safe & Alive in Christ!
- COMPEL the Iraqis & Afghans to establish religious freedom in their new orders.
- Grant Supernatural WISDOM to all who guard the American Homeland (Ps 8:2).
- Give President Bush JUDGMENT & STRENGTH to do Your Will (Is 41:9-13).
- STIR a Praying Church to beseech You that Righteousness may PROSPER in the coming elections. In Jesus Name, Amen (Ex 17:9-13; 1 Kg 6:16-18; Ps 60:10-12).