WHO WILL HEAR COMMANDMENTS CASE?
Alabama High Court, Two Relief Justices Recused
Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the just; for the righteous God tests the hearts and minds. My defense is of God, who saves the upright in heart. God is a just judge, and God is angry with the wicked every day (Ps 7:9-11).
- The Ten Commandments monument may be in a closet at the Alabama Courthouse, but the Ten Commandments court case is far from over. All eight members of the Alabama Supreme Court recused themselves Monday from hearing Former Chief Justice Roy Moore's appeal to reverse his removal from office by the Alabama Court of the Judiciary. Two of seven retired judges later chosen to be substitutes have also requested to be excused.
- On Monday, seven retired judges were chosen by lot to hear Moore's appeal after all eight sitting justices disqualified themselves from the case. The names of every retired state circuit, district and appeals court judge believed capable of serving were placed in a box and the Clerk of the Supreme Court drew seven names.
- Two of the newly selected substitutes told officials they would not serve. Moore's attorneys objected to two others, including a retired judge whose position Moore had terminated.
- Six justices are required to hear a case, but seven were chosen in order to avoid a tie.
- Acting Chief Justice Gorman Houston called the drawing an "historic
tragedy," comparing the case to an unsuccessful attempt by the Alabama Legislature in 1829 to impeach several Supreme Court justices.
- Lord, THANK YOU for HEARING OUR PRAYERS! Now VINDICATE Judge Roy Moore! Continue to STIR America to stand with Moore & the Ten Commandments & against tyrannical judges & unconstitutional judicial rulings
- You choose judges in this case. May they BOLDLY SUPPORT the CONSTITUTION - especially every American's right to acknowledge God."
- USE this controversy to MOTIVATE Christians everywhere to DECLARE CHRIST & to stir REVIVAL & REFORMATION across America! In Jesus Name. AMEN (Ex 18:21; Neh 4:14; Ps 55:2-7; 82:1-5; 85:4-7; 107:2; Is 7:13b; 58:5-6, 8ff; Ez 45:9).