MOORE APPEALS WHILE CITIZENS SUE
Prevailing Prayer Will Pave the Way for Justice
Will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? (Lk 18:7)
- Attorney General Bill Pryor, the Alabama Judiciary Court, and the U.S. Supreme Court may have thought they were done with Chief Justice Roy Moore when they ordered and upheld his removal from office. Yet Moore and the people of Alabama are not willing to let the matter rest.
- On December 22, an Alabama U.S. District Court will hear the complaint of five Alabama citizens who want Chief Justice Moore restated to office until the charges levied against him can be tried by an elected body, representative of Alabama voters [i.e., impeachment]. They charge that Judge Moore's landslide election was "undone behind closed doors and outside of public purview" and that "the voters of the State of Alabama were disenfranchised
[by] the conduct of the Alabama Court of the Judiciary."
- Alabama Christian talk show host Kelly McGinley and lawyer Jim Zeigler have filed a similar but separate lawsuit. Attorney General Bill Pryor has requested a change of venue or dismissal of their suit. U.S. District Judge William Steele has given both sides until Monday, Dec. 15 to file all motions and answers.
- Chief Justice Moore's lawyers gave notice to the Alabama State Supreme Court this week that Moore will appeal his removal from office by the Judiciary Court charging he was subjected to religious discrimination. He also asked that acting Chief Justice Gorman Houston be recused from the case for his many public statements that revealed a strong bias against Moore.
- Please Join Us in Persevering, Prevailing Prayer:
- Lord, THANK YOU FOR HEARING OUR PRAYERS.
- Grant VICTORY to Judge Roy Moore! Continue to STIR Americans to stand WITH Moore & the Ten Commandments and AGAINST tyrannical judges & unconstitutional judicial rulings
- GRANT our Alabama brethren JUSTICE in their lawsuits to restore Judge Moore
- Bless every legal & legislative effort to preserve the freedom to acknowledge God. CAUSE American Christians boldly to confess Christ in every sphere of American life. USE this controversy to help stir REVIVAL & REFORMATION across America! In Jesus Name, AMEN (Ex 18:21; Neh 4:14; Ps 55:2-7; 82:1-5; 85:4-7; 107:2; Is 7:13b; 58:5-6, 8ff; Ez 45:9).