THANK GOD FOR GEORGE W. BUSH
Important Bible Command for God's Praying People
I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone--for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness (1 Tim 2:1-2).
- Democrats falsely accuse and abuse President George W. Bush. Even some conservative Christians harshly condemn him. There may be reasons to criticize our President, but there are many, many reasons to thank God for him and all he has done. Scripture urges us both to intercede and offer thanks for our President. We ought to do both, often.
- Bush is a great leader. He has vision, intuition, strong core values; he builds trust and alliances, communicates, is disciplined, gets good people and lets them do their job.
- He defends U.S. national sovereignty and refused to subject Americans to the International Criminal Court. He abandoned the Soviet ABM Treaty to build a missile defense system to protect America's mainland. He rejected the Kyoto (global warming) Treaty.
- He kept his tax cut promises (impacting the economy for years to come). His Mid-East policy has anti-Israel Arab nations on notice. He refuses to deal with Yasser Arafat. Via a restored Mexico City policy, he has defunded organizations that support abortion abroad. He'll defend the Partial Birth Abortion Ban and promises to uphold traditional marriage.
- Bush has made excellent judicial appointments. He was courageous to appoint Attorney General John Ashcroft and has made other good cabinet and agency appointments (e.g., Donald Rumsfeld). He rejects all human cloning at home and abroad (Bush appointees heroically led the U.N. cloning battle).
- The President has been a remarkable leader in the war against terrorism and is a great Commander in Chief to our men in arms!
- He is a bold believer in Jesus Christ whose private life supports his profession (i.e., no more White House SCANDALS)....and much more.
- Conservatives dislike certain popular measures Bush has supported. But what if Al Gore, Howard Dean or Hillary Clinton was President? Unless God sends REVIVAL, America will likely never elect a better President than G.W. Bush. From God's view, he may be much better than we deserve. As we gather with our families on Thanksgiving Day, may we be thankful to God for President Bush and every other God-fearing leader with whom He has blessed us.
Please Join Us in Prayers of Thanksgiving:
Heavenly Father, we thank you for President George W. Bush, Laura Bush & their children. Preserve & Protect them. May he hear Your voice, honor Your Word & lead our nation in a righteous path.
Thank you for God fearing leaders at all levels of government. In Jesus Name, Amen (1 Chr 7:8-36; Ps 50:14-17; Jon 2:7Col 3:17; 1 Th 5:16-18; Rev 7:11-12).