COURT ORDERS "GAY" MARRIAGE
Christians Must Pray for Massachusetts Lawmakers!
God's laws are perfect... pure, eternal, just. They are more desirable than gold (Ps 19:7-10, LB).
The Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled (4-3) yesterday that the state's ban on same-sex marriage "is unconstitutional." The court gave state legislators 180 days to adjust the law to allow homosexuals and lesbians legally to marry.
- The court ruled that homosexual couples are entitled to all the legal rights and privileges of marriage, not just "civil unions" like those created by a 1999 Vermont Supreme Court ruling.
- Both Governor Mitt Romney (R) and Speaker of the House Tom Finneran (D) want to amend the state constitution to define marriage as a union between "a man and a woman." Other lawmakers are working to create homosexual "civil unions" like in Vermont. Democrats hold overwhelming majorities in both Massachusetts Houses.
- Homosexuals will file lawsuits in other states to demand recognition of their Massachusetts "marriages." Thirty-seven states have laws that prohibit same-sex marriage. The 1996 federal "Defense of Marriage Act" protects states from having to recognize sodomite marriages performed elsewhere. Christians and Conservatives widely endorse an effort to add a "Marriage Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution.
- The Massachusetts Legislature could quickly pass an amendment, then organize a campaign to ratify it within 180 days, but such would require an extraordinary effort. They could simply defy the Supreme Court, impeach its errant members, both very unlikely.
- Any people who officially and deliberately adulterates the God-ordained institutions of marriage and family to "legalize" sodomite marriage will face God's judgment (Jdg 19, 20; Neh 4:14; Ps 9:17; Pr 28:4; Rom 1:18-20, 32; 2 Pet 2:6, 9-10).
- The people of Massachusetts, like Lot in ancient Sodom, will not escape unless God graciously intervenes to deliver them. But all God-fearing Americans must take hold of Him. For America will be utterly ruined unless we repent (Is 55:6; Jonah 4:11). There may still be time, with repentance, extraordinary prayer and Godly political action, to win our nation back to Him!
Please Join us in Humble, Repentant Prayer:
- Father, HAVE MERCY! INTERVENE! May Massachusetts Legislators now ARISE & FIGHT for their children, homes, state & nation. PREVENT this profound act of Blasphemy (Lev 18:22-29; Neh 4:14; Mal 2:10-17; Eph 5:25-33).
- Lord, Please RAISE UP God-fearing Judges in Massachusetts & every state. In Jesus. Name. Amen. (Ex 18:21-23; 2 Chr 19:6-7; Ps 67:4; 96:10; Rom 1:25-32).
May legislators in every state STAND to protect their people (Pr 22:3; Jn 10:11-12).