MARATHON SENATE DEBATE PROMISED!
Repentance is Needed for God to Give Us Righteous Judges
can exalt a man
It is God who judges: He brings one down
exalts another (Ps 75:6-7).
Hoping to bring national focus to the struggle, Senate Republicans will force a 30-hour marathon Senate debate next week over conservative judicial nominees filibustered by the Democrats.
- Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist has pledged to act to end the two-year-long Democrat stranglehold over President Bush's judicial nominations. Republicans have not been able to muster 60 votes to "invoke cloture" to end any of several filibusters.
- Thus Democrats have effectively undermined the constitutional authority of the President, the GOP-led U.S. Senate, the U.S. House and the American people.
- Senate Democrats have been especially abusive of Christian, pro-life nominees.
- Frist has promised to exhaust all other tactics, then use the "Nuclear Option," changing the Senate rules to require only a simple majority (51 votes) to confirm judicial nominees.
We are at a critical juncture. God must intervene! But Christians must understand that He will not do so unless we sincerely REPENT, PRAY and SEEK HIS FACE! How much longer will He endure our nation if we continue to suffer leaders whose chief political goals are to subvert God's laws, promote baby murder and homosexuality and to undermine the faith and morals of our children and grandchildren (Ps 10: all; 18:26; 101:4-8; Pr 8:13).
Please Join us in Persistent, Overcoming Prayer:
- Father STRENGTHEN Sen. Frist & every Senator who fears You to VIGOROUSLY FIGHT & WIN THIS BATTLE! (Dt 3:28; Neh 6:9;Josh 1:9).REVIVE us Oh God. Stir us to REPENTANCE & PRAYER. Let not Evil Judges RULE OVER US! (Ex 22:2; Pr 8:13; Jer 13:21-26; Mic 7:2-7; 1 Pet 3:2-17).
- GRANT us God-fearing Judges as you command in Your Word. In Jesus Name, Amen (Ex 18:21;Dt 16:18-20; 2 Sam 23:3).