WILL HIGH COURT HEAR MOORE CASE?
"Vindicate me in your righteousness, O LORD my God; do not let them gloat over me (Ps 35:24)
- Please pray for Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore and his Ten Commandments case. Two critically important dates are immediately before us:
- 1. U.S. Supreme Court - Next Monday, November 3, the U.S. Supreme Court will announce whether or not it will review the Alabama Ten Commandments case. If it won't, the order to remove the Commandments will stand and there will be no further avenue of judicial appeal for Chief Justice Roy Moore.
Few experts expect the Supreme Court to hear the case. Of 7000+ annual appeals to the Court, only a tiny percentage is chosen. Unless God chooses to override them!
- 2. Alabama Judiciary Court - On November 12, Moore must stand trial on charges he violated state ethics rules by refusing to obey a court order to remove the Ten Commandments monument.
He placed the monument as a matter of conscience and to keep his oath to uphold the U.S. and Alabama Constitutions (even U.S. soldiers are taught to refuse to obey unlawful orders).
Accused by the Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission, Moore was suspended from duty pending trial before the Judiciary Court. Alabama Attorney General Bill Pryor, Bush nominee for a U.S. Court of Appeals judgeship, will oversee prosecution of the case even though he has a conflict of interest. Pryor is under pressure to convince Senate Democrats that he will not allow his "faith" to prevail over the "rule of law."
If convicted, Moore could be suspended without pay, be removed from office, or be reprimanded and restored to office only with strings attached that he cannot accept.
- Is Moore now being set up for more injustice? Or is God causing those eager to establish a secular religious state to overplay their hand, stirring God-fearing Americans to prayer and action that will finally make a difference? This issue will not go away. It is one Christians MUST WIN if America and American freedoms are to be preserved.
Please Continue with Us in Persistent, Overcoming Prayer:
- God, VINDICATE Judge Moore. Rule over the U.S. Supreme Court. If they will judge aright, cause them to take this case (Ps 47:8-9; 96:10-13; Neh 4:13-16; Pr 28:4).
- Be Judge Moore's advocate in Alabama. Use him to RESTORE Your Honor in Alabama & all America. May this spark Awakening, Revival & Reformation in our Churches & in America. In Jesus Name, Amen! (Ps 35:24-27; 47:7-8; 66:1-20)