JUDICIAL CRISIS: WILL SENATE ACT?
Nothing Will Happen without Repentance, Prayer
"You should have struck the ground five or six times; then you would have defeated and completely destroyed [God's enemies]
" (2 Kg 13:19)
- Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-TN) promises to act this week to end the Democrat stranglehold on President Bush's federal judge confirmations. The Democrat's strategy to accuse, abuse, then filibuster, conservative nominees will continue unabated until the Senate majority righteously exercises its power to stop the Borking of nominees. They will do so if we pray!
- First, Sen. Frist plans to resurrect Mississippi Judge Charles Pickering's nomination to the U.S. Court of Appeals. Already voted out of committee, Frist will order a full Senate vote this week. If Democrats filibuster, Frist will order a cloture vote, which is expected to fail.
- Votes will then be ordered on other contested nominations: Alabama Attorney General William Pryor; Texas Supreme Court Justice Priscilla Owens; California Superior Court Judge Carolyn Kuhl; California Supreme Court Justice Janice Rogers Brown.
- If these fail, Frist will push forward a bill championed by Sen. Zell Miller (D-GA) that would reduce the number of votes needed to end filibusters on nominations. Democrats are expected to filibuster this bill, also.
- Finally, Frist will use the "Nuclear Option" an unique exercise of raw political power, which is awkward for Republicans. Frist will try to change the Senate rules to require only a simple majority to confirm judicial nominees. Sen. Frist does not have the votes yet to pass this plan, but if he fails to try, it will a tragedy.
- The Democrat's goal is to prevent any pro-life judge from reaching the Supreme Court.
- Republicans took back the Senate in 2002 partly because Americans were fed up with what Senate Democrats were doing to the President's judicial nominees. If Senate Republicans fail to act now, some conservative voters will stay home in November possibly costing President Bush the election. America is at a remarkable crossroads. Sen. Frist and others must take action.
Also, God's people must act to win this war in the spiritual realm via prayer.
Please Join Us in Prevailing Prayer:
- Father, MOTIVATE & STRENGTHEN Sen. Frist & others VIGOROUSLY to FIGHT THIS BATTLE! GIVE them VICTORY (Dt 3:28; Neh 6:9;Josh 1:9).
- RAISE up God-fearing Judges, according to Your Word. In Jesus Name, Amen (Ex 18:21;Dt 16:18-20; 2 Sam 23:3).