"Let everyone who is Godly pray to you while you may be found" (Psalm 32:6)
MOORE APPEAL SET FOR JUNE
Pray Often for Chief Justice Roy Moore
You shall keep His statutes and His commandments... that it may go well with you and with your children after you... forever (Dt 4:40)
Last November, U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson ruled for the ACLU in its lawsuit against Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore. In December, he ordered Moore to remove the Ten Commandment monument he erected in the rotunda of the Alabama Judicial Building in July 2001. Moore appealed to the 11th Federal Circuit Court of Appeals in Montgomery, which is slated to hear his appeal on June 2.
* The 5,300-pound granite memorial will remain in place, at least for now. In a surprise move, after rejecting arguments from Moore's attorneys to prevent removal of the memorial, Judge Thompson granted Moore a stay from his removal order pending review on appeal.
* Moore's attorneys must now present written briefs by March 10. The ACLU must submit their written response by March 30. Oral arguments before a three-judge appeals panel will begin June 2.
* No matter what ruling of the panel is the case will be further appealed to the full Circuit Court. Moore's attorneys believe the case will ultimately reach the U.S. Supreme Court.
* Liberal Supreme Court Justice William Brennen, wrote, "Government... may not question whether [officeholders] actions stem from religious conviction... [nor] fence out from political participation those... it regards as overinvolved in religion... The Establishment Clause... may not be used...to justify repression of religion or its adherents from any aspect of public life... (McDaniel v. Paty, 1978).
Dr. Herb Titus, one of Moore's distinguished attorneys, says his case will answer several questions: 1) Must elected officials park their Christian views at the office door; 2) Is it unconstitutional for an elected judge or other official to express his Biblical reasons for favoring or opposing a piece of legislation; 3) Can it be that an agnostic or atheist can bring his views to his official duties, but a Christian may not?
Please Join Us in Constant Prayer:
* Lord, thank You for RAISING UP Chief Justice Moore for such a time as this (Ps 75:7; 94:16; 119:53; Pr 21:22; 28:4; Dan 11:32).
* Lord, grant Moore's attorneys, Steve Melchior, Herb Titus, John Eidsmoe & others Supernatural WISDOM. Stir Christians everywhere to SUPPORT Moore & his legal team with PRAYER & abundant FINANCIAL help (Num 23:24; 2 Sam 15:21; 1 Chr 12:18, 22; Rom 13:11; Eph 5:14-16).
* Grant Moore & all Christians a RESOUNDING VICTORY. May God-fearing public officials & Christian citizens be stirred to take similar BOLD STANDS for GOD! In Jesus' Name, Amen (2 Sam 22:40a; Ps 18:29; 97:10; 105:14; 119:116-117; Is 41:10; 54:17).
If you would like to financially help Chief Justice Moore
and his legal defense team fight this battle
Get Breaking Christian News at: